John Minier is Owner and Lead Guide at Baker Mountain Guides. Originally from Alaska, he has a deep appreciation for wild and mountainous places. After moving to the lower 48 some 20 years ago, his passion led him to guiding and outdoor instruction. Since 2004, he has worked across the western U.S. as a rock guide, alpine guide, ski guide, and avalanche instructor. John eventually ended up in Bellingham, where he is right at home at Mt. Baker and the world’s deepest snowpack.
- AMGA Certified Ski Guide
- AMGA Certified Single Pitch Instructor
- AIARE Level 3 Avalanche Certified
- AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Course Leader
- AIARE Level 2 Avalanche Course Leader
- Wilderness First Responder
- Leave No Trace Trainer